Ideation Day for Sports Data Enthusiasts
Create ideas that will change sports data markets.
Dive into this fascinating field of unlimited potential.
Learn how to best develop an idea and bring it to the next level.
Connect with other innovators and expand your network.
Convince the jury and win your part of a US$ 3,000 prize pool.
Saturday, 23rd of February 2019 from 9:00 AM to 8:30PM
at the Carlson School of Management’s
Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship
Herbert M. Hanson Jr. Hall | 1925 4th Street S | Minneapolis, MN 55455
- You’re a student or a recent graduate who shares our passion for sports and sports data.
- One of the sports data markets described below is of clear interest to you.
- You’re a team player willing to work on ideas that’ll tackle real life challenges.
- You’re happy to work with others! While you can apply alone, you’ll be teaming up with others in a team of two to four!
- We want you and your team to come up with an idea during the course of the day and work on this idea.
- When showing up to the event, you already know which sports data market you want to focus on.
- At the end of the day you’ll present your idea to an expert jury in a 2-minute elevator pitch.
- Experts from Sportradar will support you throughout the day, so you can discuss your idea and get valuable input.
- We’ll work with you to set up a team with other like-minded participants.
- We’ll provide you with full access to Sportradar’s API and SDK.
Don’t forget! At the end of the day you and your team will be invited to ‘pitch’ your idea to our expert jury; who’ll be considering the following when making their decision:
- Your innovative use of Sportradar’s sports data. This is the main criteria when the Jury decides who is going to win.
- The evolution of your idea (from initial thoughts, to concept, to mock-up,...)
- The overall feasibility and sustainability of your idea.
09:00 AM - Registration
09:30 AM - Welcome
10:00 AM - Introduction to Sportradar
10:30 AM - The power of sports data and where you can use it
11:30 AM - Finding your idea and your team
12:30 AM - Lunch
13:30 PM - Picking your idea
14:30 PM - First steps – Make your idea more concrete
15:30 PM - Feedback from mentors
16:30 PM - Accelerate – Implement the feedback
17:30 PM - Discuss with mentors
18:00 PM - Fine Tune – Prepare for the pitch
19:00 PM - Elevator pitches
20:30 PM - Winner announcement
Afterwards - Get together
Sports data markets
Sports data is the foundation for a wide variety of fascinating markets. Click on the links below to find out more! Which one are you interested in most?
Sportradar is one of the world´s largest sports data providers.
We collect statistics from the NBA, fixtures from hundreds of soccer leagues worldwide, esports data from our partner, ESL, winning probabilities for tennis matches, and data from hundreds of other sports around the world every hour of every single day. You name it we have it.
And we’ll give you free access to these valuable sports data feeds so you can fully develop your idea.
So, if you feel confident working with APIs or SDKs go ahead and check the documentation.